Make your theme park visit easier and more fun by harnessing the power of Disney’s new digital itinerary services built right into the My Disney Experience app.
You’ve Never Had a Friend Like This!
Ever wish you had a Disney friend along with you in the parks? A digital friend who could show you the best ways to enjoy popular attractions? Or see beloved Characters? Or even find fan-favorite foods? Well, here’s a way that wish can come true!
Introducing Disney Genie service and Disney Genie+ service, conveniently built into the My Disney Experience app. It’s like having a genie in the palm of your hand.Whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned pro, tap into them both to enjoy a whole new host of features that help you get the most out of your visit to Walt Disney World Resort.
You Have the Fun While Disney Genie Service Does the Work
Our complimentary Disney Genie service creates your best Disney day inspired by your party’s top interests. Upon launching Disney Genie service in the app, you’ll have the opportunity to share what you’d like to do in a few easy steps. You can plan specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, and special interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides and more.Disney Genie service will then grant you a personalized itinerary that seamlessly and smartly maps out your special day—with updates that continue from morning to night. And, Disney Genie can even remind you when you’re eligible to book dining reservations and activities within our Enchanting Extras Collection.
When you let Disney Genie service be your guide, you’ll have quicker access to up-to-date park information, so you can be more spontaneous and have more fun—in the moment and on the go.
Be sure to download the latest version of the My Disney Experience app, so you can take advantage of all of these features:
- Tailored Recommendations – You’ll receive attraction and dining recommendations inspired in part by what you told Disney Genie service you’re most interested in doing. It even displays a good time to go to an experience and an idea of the forecasted wait. Need to swap a recommendation out? No problem. Like many popular navigation apps, Disney Genie will continue to offer new suggestions throughout the day, so you can make the most of your time during your visit.
- A Personalized Daily Itinerary – Your “My Day” tab is where you’ll find Disney Genie recommendations and any plans you’ve made, including dining reservations, Disney Resort hotel reservations and activity bookings. You’ll also be able to virtually chat with a Cast Member who can help answer any questions that arise.
- A Custom Tip Board – This new feature will let you see estimated wait times for your top attractions, entertainment and dining. You’ll also be able to order food, make dining reservations, check into a restaurant, request to join an available virtual queue (currently at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure), and even book arrival times for our new Lightning Lane entrance at select experiences if you’ve purchased Disney Genie+ service.
Disney has essentially replaced their complimentary FastPass+ program with their new paid Genie+ Lightening Lane program.
Take Your Day to the Next Level with Disney Genie+
In addition to getting all of the great features that come with upgrading to the complimentary version of Disney Genie service, purchasing Disney Genie+ service will offer even more convenience and flexibility, for $15 per ticket per day. It’s the very best way to get the absolute most out of your visit—so you can spend more time enjoying the magic with family and friends.
- Enjoy the Magic You Want with Less Wait – Save time waiting in line by purchasing Disney Genie+ service! This new service at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks lets you select the next available arrival window for the new Lightning Lane entrances. You can make one selection at a time throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion and thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (experiences subject to limited availability). With Disney Genie+, you can select Lightning Lane arrival windows across multiple theme parks for those who have the Park Hopper option.
Beginning at 7:00 AM on the day of your visit, you’ll have the opportunity to secure your first arrival time.
Plus, you’ll also enjoy these additional features:
- Disney PhotoPass Lenses – Access special Disney PhotoPass Lenses for your mobile device, allowing you to explore magical new augmented reality effects.
- Audio Tales – Discover the parks in cool new ways through fascinating fun facts and behind-the-scenes insights you can listen to during your visit.
Starting October 19th, you’ll be able to add Disney Genie+ service to your vacation package before your visit.
Guests are responsible for determining whether options and recommendations are appropriate for their party and for consulting all experience restrictions and advisories, including height requirements, health and safety advisories and accessibility guidelines.
Q What is the difference between Disney Genie service and Disney Genie+ service?
A Disney Genie is a complimentary digital service within the My Disney Experience app that can help you create your best Disney day. It will generate a personalized itinerary inspired by the things you tell us you want to do, offer tips for spending less time waiting in line, and also provide other helpful recommendations throughout the day.
Disney Genie+ service is an add-on option offered for purchase that lets you select arrival windows for our new Lightning Lane entrance at select experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks. Selections can be made one at a time, throughout the day. The service also includes access to interactive Disney PhotoPass Lenses and audio tales, featuring fascinating facts and behind-the-scenes insights about the parks.
Q How and when can I purchase Disney Genie+ service?
A Starting October 19, Disney Genie+ service will be available to purchase before you arrive as an add-on to a ticket or vacation package. It will also be available as a single-day purchase through the My Disney Experience app. If you have an existing package, call your travel advisor to add Genie+ to your vacation package.
Q How can I access Disney Genie service?
A Disney Genie is a complimentary digital service within the My Disney Experience app that can help you plan your best Disney day. In order to take advantage of Disney Genie service and its features, be sure to download the app from the app store or upgrade to the latest version of the app if you already have it on your mobile device.
Q What kind of planning can I do with Disney Genie service before my visit?
A You can begin selecting your favorite things to do and mapping out your days prior to your visit. Any Lightning Lane attraction selections—either as part of Disney Genie+ service or as an individual purchase—can be made on the day of your visit to maximize flexibility up until your arrival.
Q When will I be able to add Disney Genie+ service to my vacation package or tickets?
A Disney Genie+ service will launch October 19 at Walt Disney World Resort. If you already have an existing package and would like to add Disney Genie+ service, please call your travel advisor.
Q Do I need to purchase Disney Genie+ service to book a Lightning Lane arrival time?
A There are 2 ways to select times to arrive at Lightning Lane entrances, purchase Disney Genie+ service or purchase entrance to an individual experience. Each option offers a different set of experiences to choose from.
Option #1: Through Disney Genie+ Service
This new service lets you select the next available arrival window for the Lightning Lane entrances, one at a time, throughout regular park hours. More than 40 attractions and entertainment experiences across the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks are included in the service—from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (all experiences are subject to limited availability). Lightning Lane selections can even be made across multiple theme parks with the Park Hopper option. You’ll be able to make your first selection at 7:00 AM on the day of your visit. This service also includes access to interactive Disney PhotoPass Lenses and audio tales. It costs $15 per ticket per day.
Option #2: By Making an Individual Lightning Lane Entrance Purchase
Lightning Lane entry as an “á la carte” purchase will be offered at our most popular attractions not included in the over 40 Genie+ selections. This option can be purchased by all Guests—with or without the purchase of Disney Genie+ service—and lets you choose a time to arrive at the Lightning Lane entry at up to 2 attractions each day (purchased one at a time). Guests of a Disney Resort hotel can make their first purchase starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their visit. All other Guests can make their first purchase at the regular time the park opens. Pricing and availability will vary by date, attraction and park. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for current prices and attraction availability.
Here are the attractions currently available with the Genie+ and individual Lightning Lane purchase:
Be sure to reach out today with any questions and to get started planning your magical Disney vacation!